Guadalcanal

Guadalcanal

Friday, January 10, 2014

Passion for this topic

To be on the front lines you need to join a certain branch of the military, and for me, ever since I was a kid, I have always wanted to join the military and be on the front lines. Just deciding about which branch was difficult for me, but taking the extra step to sign up for the branch I wanted to go into was even more difficult. My grandpas friends used to tell me about them being out there on the front lines, protecting us and how the only guys you could trust were yourself and the brother to your left and the brother to your right. To me that just sounds like something I could see myself doing, which is what I intend to do. To think though, a kid listening to all these geezers talk about their war stories would make a kid not want to do any of the things they did, but scare the daylights out of him, instead just make him want to do it even more.
I also have this friend that wants to do the same thing, but in a different branch, but ever since we were kids, me and him always wanted to do this. So it just makes you think, I will be 18/19 (depending when my training is over) years old, living out one of my dreams while most people have to wait years just to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment